If you are diabetic or pre diabetic, it is very likely that your nutritional status is not optimized. This is not just a matter of being overweight or binging on sweets or fatty salty foods too often. This is a matter of basics that you are probably lacking.
The good news is that there are 5 vitamins and natural remedies that are simple core additions to a natural treatment plan as part of your self care. They are:
- A good multivitamin-multimineral that includes beta carotene, B complex vitamins (including vitamin B6 or pyridoxine to utilize omega 3 fatty acids properly), vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin E (mixed tocopherols), zinc, chromium, magnesium, and several more key nutrients. for type 2 diabetics, multivitamins will also reduce your risk of getting colds in the winter season.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid to protect from oxidative stress, especially nerves in feet, hands, and brain (the R-form is best)
- Berberine to help lower blood sugar and blood lipids toward normal (make sure to ask your doctor and pharmacist if you are on any drugs that might interact with this herb - it binds tightly to albumin and can displace drugs like thyroxine (thyroid replacement meds) or warfarin (to prevent blood clots).
- Curcumin to combat chronic inflammation that contributes to insulin resistance and higher blood sugar levels
- Omega 3 fatty acids to protect cardiovascular status from bad lipids like high triglycerides or LDL cholesterol, mood, joint pain, and also cut down on chronic inflammation. Fish and fish oil sources are the best.
Get started today on a regimen that contains these 5 hard working natural supplements. You can find them online or at local health food stores. But, not all versions of a particular nutrient are as good as others.